Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Organizing Holiday Cooking

Starting early is certainly one way to make holiday cooking an easier task.  There are certain foods our families have come to expect this time of the year, but often we want to add something new to the celebrations.  This does not mean you need to buy another cookbook.  My guess is that you already have more than you actually use.

A clutter free way to find new ideas and recipes is to go online.  One year I tasted a chocolate dip at an event and decided I wanted to find out how to make it.  I went to Google, typed in chocolate chip dip and the web sites popped right up.  On the allrecipes.com site there were several recipes to choose and I picked the one with the ingredients I normally have.  I printed the recipe, but I could have saved it in a recipe folder on the computer and had it available there, too.

So if you want to add something new to the menu this holiday you need not spend extra money and take up extra space with more cookbooks.  In fact, this might be a good time to purge some of those you have never or rarely use and open up some space in your kitchen.  Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment